Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue (JBAR)
visitors have viewed
|Email:||Use form below|
Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue (JBAR)
Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue (JBAR) was established in 2003 by Lin Chimes of Los Ayala, Nayarit, Mexico. Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue advocates humane and healthy practices for animals in the Jaltemba area by promoting health, education, spay and neutering, adoptions, foster care and positive relationships with animals and their owners. JBAR also works to find homes for street dogs and cats. This effort has significantly improved the overall health and enjoyment of life on Jaltemba Bay for human visitors, residents and also our four-legged friends.
To find out when the next JBAR Clinic will take place, please refer to the Jaltemba Bay Community Calendar.
To view and print the current clinic poster, click here.
Clinics Needs & Donations
Contributions of medical supplies, volunteer time, money and other resources are always needed. If you have extra space in your luggage, car or motor- home, please consider bringing some of these items down to Mexico with you:
- Kennels (check garage sales)
- Old Towels
- Old Sheets
- Flea and Tick medication (Frontline Plus is the best)
- Collars and leashes (dollar store)
- Canine Club Dog Food from Costco (large bag)
- Sterile Surgical Gloves
- Sutures 3.0, 2.0, 1.0 (absorbable type)
- Digital Thermometers
- Catherers (IV not catheter type) #18, 20, 22, and 24
- 1" Needles with Caps
- 1, 3 and 5 cc Syringes
- Packaged Gauze Squares
- 18 Gauge 1" or 1 1/4" Catheters (not the butterfly type)
- Long Neck Syringes (not the screw type)
- Straight Needles size 22
Donations may be made through mail, direct deposit, email money transfer
or in person.
The Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue (JBAR) newsletter is published several times each year. If you would like to add your name to our mailing list and receive our monthly newsletters, email Lin Chimes below.
To view the JBAR Newsletter Archive, click here.
You can learn more about JBAR by reading these articles published on the Jaltemba Bay Life Blog:
- Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue (JBAR) Invites Dog Owners to Walk Against Cancer
- JBAR “Paws for the Cause” Fundraiser was a Huge Success! by Tosia Archer
- Sarah’s Survivors: Her Name is Motitas by Sarah Walker
- Rob’s Ramblings: JBAR Las Varas Clinic November 2012 by Rob Erickson
- JBAR “Paws for the Cause” by Sarah Walker
- Jaltemba Bay Animal Rescue Needs YOUR Help! by Lacy Brunetti
- Kittens in a Cereal Box and More! submitted by Our Readers
- Sarah’s Survivors: Frankie by Sarah Walker
- JBAR’s Next Free Spay & Neuter Clinics by Lin Chimes
- Sarah’s Survivors: Her Name is Adelita by Sarah Walker
- Rob’s Ramblings: A Change in Attitude by Rob Erickson
- Sarah’s Survivors: Muffin the Miracle by Sarah Walker
- In Honor of JBAR, We Are Celebrating National Pet Month by Tosia Archer
- JBAR Adoption Stories: Week 3 submitted by Our Readers
- JBAR Adoption Stories: Week 2 submitted by Our Readers
- JBAR Adoption Stories: Week 1 submitted by Our Readers
- Rob's Ramblings: JBAR Spay and Neuter Clinic in Las Varas by Rob Erickson
- A Report from Sarah Walker by Sarah Walker
- Reporting in from Jaltemba Bay by Tom Plattenberger
- From a Volunteer's Perspective by Allyson Williams
Pet Information & Links
In February 2010, Dr. Macartney and his vet team at the McKenzie Vet Clinic in Victoria BC flew to Mexico for the first time. They had one goal in mind: to volunteer their time and talents at the JBAR clinic. During that Clinic, 144 animals were spayed and neutered. In November 2010, Dr. Malcolm returned. Because of the additional help from him and his team, the numbers increased to a whopping 203 animals. This was a new PEACE and JBAR record. One of his staff created an amazing video during that last Clinic. The video features Dr. Macartney's partnership with PEACE and JBAR, and is called The "Mexi-Can Project".
Going To The Dogs -- A story and photos of Celia and JBAR's animal shelter
For more information, contact Lin Chimes via the form below.